//BeautifulMe.

Bonjour ♥


Bell / Shujun


Links ♥

Subby
Cha Eng
Kevin



Credits ♥

Template and skins : NurIzzati
Background and Photo : We♥it


Hougang and Potong Pasir gets lift upgrading!
Thursday, July 16, 2009 | 4:46 PM | 0 hearts♥
I don't really comment on politics. But maybe since I'm 21 already, I'll comment a little! (and hope I get a change to exercise my right to vote)

Story found... in the ST newspaper I read 1 or 2 days ago.

Short summary for the lazy people:
- These 2 are known as the opposition wards
- They actually managed to get lift upgrading finally (never thought I would see the day actually)
- *hint hint* Election is drawing near when you see carrots

Great news for the old folks although they have to endure years of endless drilling everyday. Papa was saying, how come never do for Jurong East? Our blocks are also very old. Frankly speaking, I would rather they do the lift upgrading after I graduate so I can study in peace. So no complaints with me.

But ANYWAYS, I just find it really weird. Firstly such projects like your lift upgrading programme - I think it's fair to say it's a public right to have it (with our aging population + they HAVE to use taxpayers' money for us anyway), and it's fair to say that the government is supposed to work on it. True enough, PAP forms the majority of the government, but to deny say-its-not-your-turn-yet-for-goodness-knows-how-many-years seems rather unfair. I haven't visited Hougang or Potong Pasir often (I could say only twice in my life), but from what I hear from my peers, the estates seem to be more rundown than my own in Jurong East - doesn't that signal an urgent need for something to be done? Incompetency? Inefficiency? Or just deliberate ignorance? I wonder. The money is the public's money, but yet there is no equality in receiving the end product of paying all our taxes to the government, which is supposed to represent Singapore as a country and not as PAP alone.

In short: PAP uses our public funds to gain our votes? Hmmm. I hope residents over there don't get tricked into voting PAP just because of this, because it has always been their right to have lift upgradings in the first place irregardless of who they vote for. Would be very stupid if your MP is from the opposition, and he tried so hard to get the lift upgrading for you but you go thank the PAP for giving you the lift.

In fact, I don't even know if the opposition MPs finally managed to secure the agreement through 100% hard work, or if it was just coincidental that someone wanted to put carrots for the 'rebellious rabbits' out there in some part of Singapore. Sorry I forgot, this year got low construction costs also, how could they miss the opportunity!

Just some food for thought.

Labels:





/